Last Updated: November 10, 2019
Welcome! Thank you for visiting All About The ‘Booch™.
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains our privacy practices and the choices you can make about the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of information you submit or we collect through our website allaboutthebooch.com (the “Site”).
Scope and Consent
By using the Site, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. Do not use the Site if you do not agree to these terms.
Information We Collect or Access About You
We collect or access information from you and about you when you use the Site, including:
- Information to Respond to Your Requests: When you interact with us through the Site, you may provide your personal information. For example, when you sign up for our kombucha brewing class interest list, register for a kombucha brewing class, contact us for assistance using our Contact form and/or use our retail or wholesale order forms.
- Technical Usage Information: Like most websites, we collect technical usage information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
Our goal is to collect only that information that we believe is required for our legitimate business interests, including to operate this Site.
How We Use Your Information
Information collected or accessed will only be used for the purposes specified in the Privacy Notice. If the data will be used for other purposes, we will notify you of those additional purposes, and obtain your consent where necessary. We use information we collect or access about you to:
- respond to your requests and to comply with your stated communication preferences;
- provide customer service and obtain your feedback regarding our Site;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to guide decisions and improve our Site, including using website analytics; and
- to contact you or perform other duties as authorized by law.
Who We Share Your Information With
We do not sell your personal information.
We may share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or our Site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information), fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, and those that help us understand and enhance our Site (like analytics providers).
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from us by following instructions within the notices you receive from us.
To opt out of marketing communications from us, you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with OPT OUT in the subject line.
You may not opt-out of administrative emails (for example, receipts from your purchases).
Our Data Retention Practices
We generally retain information for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations and to comply with applicable law.
- Operationally Necessary. We may use tracking technologies required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity and improve security. We are not required to obtain your consent for tracking technologies that are operationally necessary.
- Functionality-Related. We may use tracking technologies to tell us, for example, whether you have visited the website before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify the features in which you may have the greatest interest.
During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (e.g., cookies, HTML-5 stored technologies):
- We may offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We may use both persistent and temporary tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third-party service providers that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- To learn more about limiting the collection of tracking technology/cookie data, visit Ad Choices.
Links to Third-Parties
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites, such as sites we use for event registration. When you leave our Site and visit those websites, you are bound by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party websites, which are governed by their own privacy policies and practices.
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. For information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
Territorial Scope and Processing
We are located in the United States. Our services are available for eligible United States users only. Our operations use a network of computers, cloud-based services, and other infrastructure and information technology that are based in the United States. Additionally, we may use third-party service providers that may be located in and process or store your personal information in the United States, the European Union, and other countries. If you use our Site, you consent to the collection and/or processing of your personal information and tracking technologies/cookies as described in this Privacy Notice.
Notification Regarding Updates to This Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. You agree that we may notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a notice on the Site. You should check the Site frequently for updates.
If your questions are not answered in this Privacy Notice, you may email us at email@example.com.